The mobile operator lifecell in May launched 4G mobile communications in 343 settlements in all regions of Ukraine.
According to the operator’s statement, in general, as of the end of May, 10,911 settlements were connected to the lifecell 4G network, where a total of more than 27.9 million people live.
In May, the lifecell network was expanded in 343 settlements, where 196,000 Ukrainians live. Of these, 339 with a population of up to 5,000 people, and four with up to 25,000 people.
“With the deployment of the network, the consumption of data traffic has also grown. Thus, lifecell subscribers who use 4G consumed 81% more mobile Internet traffic in May, compared to the same period in 2020,” the operator said.
As of the end of May 2021, the leaders in the use of lifecell mobile Internet were:
– up to 5,000 people – Baturyn (Chernihiv region);
– up to 25,000 people – Zdolbuniv (Rivne region);
– up to 50,000 people – Fastiv (Kyiv region);
– up to 100,000 people – Uman (Cherkasy region);
– up to 500,000 people – Vinnytsia;
– up to 1 million people – Zaporizhia.
In the category of cities with a population of more than 1 million people, the first place is occupied by Kyiv, followed by Odesa and Kharkiv.