Volume of construction products produced by type in Jan-Apr of 2020 (mln uah)
Volume of construction products produced by type in Jan-Apr of 2020 (Mln Uah)
Ukrainian metallurgical enterprises increased the production of total rolled products by 3.5% in January-March 2020 compared to the same period in 2019, to 4.7 million tonnes.
According to a press release of the Ukrmetallurgprom association on Wednesday, April 1, steel production decreased by 3%, to 5.342 million tonnes, pig iron by 2%, to 5.105 million tonnes over three months.
In March, Ukrainian metal enterprises produced 1.560 million tonnes of rolled products (92.1% compared to March 2019), some 1.789 million tonnes of steel (90.9%), some 1.750 million tonnes of pig iron (95.4%).
As reported, Ukraine in January 2020 increased the production of total rolled products by 4% compared to the same period in 2019, to 1.629 million tonnes, but reduced steel production by 2.7%, to 1.8 million tonnes, pig iron by 5, 1%, to 1,698 million tonnes.
According to the results of 2019, the metal enterprises of Ukraine reduced steel production by 1% compared to 2018, to 20.848 million tonnes, production of total rolled products by 1% as well, to 18.387 million tonnes, and iron production fell by 2%, to 20.064 million tonnes.
1+1 Media Group intends to double the cost of media products in 2020, simultaneously it will introduce a 50% discount for the first quarter, director of the distribution and broadcast development department of the group told reporters on Tuesday.
According to the published plans of the media group, starting from the second quarter of 2020, the cost of a package of group’s channels for one subscriber per month for providers will be UAH 6 for linear rights (SD and HD) and UAH 1.5 for Catch Up rights. In 2021, this cost will be UAH 7 UAH and UAH 1.75, UAH 8 and UAH 2 in 2022 respectively.
“In 2020, we will technologically make everyone equal: whether it is an analog cable operator, an OTT provider, a DTH platform or an IPTV provider: the pricing policy will be the same for everyone…At the same time, since there are both SD and HD, no added cost to be fixed for HD, we will not monetize it separately. This is our promise to providers, the added value to their market. Accordingly, from the second quarter of 2020, the price will total UAH 6. In 2021 and 2022 there will no longer be these sharp price spikes…Next, we will foresee adjustment for inflation the same as it works in the classical distribution,” he said.
Malchevsky also reported that for Q1, 2020 the company will introduce a 50% discount for all media products of the group.
Ukraine’s Interagency Commission on Foreign Trade has introduced 5-year anti-dumping duties on imports of certain kinds of rolled products with anti-corrosive coating from Russia (at 47.57%) and China (22.78%), according to the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade. “In order to defend Ukrainian production of flat rolled products, it has been decided to apply anti-dumping measures with respect to imports of goods made in Russia and China to Ukraine for a period of five years,” the ministry said.
In addition, the commission extended its special measures with respect to imports of flexible, porous polyurethane foam, irrespective of the country of origin. According to the ministry, the duty on these goods will be 11.22% when the decision takes force, 10.66% after 12 months, and 10.13% after 24 months.
Ukraine in 2018 retained exports of semifinished carbon steel products in kind at the level of 2017, totaling 6.291 million tonnes.
Ukraine’s State Fiscal Service said in a customs statistics report that exports of semifinished carbon steel products in monetary terms grew by 18.2%, to $3.003 billion.
The bulk of semifinished carbon steel products was exported to Italy (34.24% of total exports in monetary terms), Egypt (15.53%), and Turkey (14.78%).
Last year Ukraine imported 43,880 tonnes of semifinished carbon steel products, which is twice up year-on-year. Imports in monetary terms grew by 2.2-fold, to $26.412 million.
Imports of semifinished carbon steel products originated from Russia (97.9%), Kazakhstan (1.44%) and the United States (0.5%).
In 2017 Ukraine cut exports of imports in kind by 18.8% from 2016, to 6.292 million tonnes, while exports in monetary terms increased by 14.9%, to $2.542 billion.
Italy accounted for 30.61% of exports in monetary terms, while the share of Turkey was 17.02% and that of Egypt – 16.28%.
Imports of semifinished carbon steel products in 2017 totaled 22,038 tonnes, which was 20.1% up from 2016. Imports in monetary terms grew by 85.4%, to $12.091 million.
Most of semifinished carbon steel products were imported from Russia (95.48% of total imports), Kazakhstan (4.03%), and Bulgaria (0.25%).