The seaport of Olvia (Mykolaiv region) was hit, no one was injured, the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine reports.
“The Olvia seaport has just been hit. There are no casualties. The territory hit by the strike belongs to the Qatari company QTerminals Olvia on a concession basis,” the agency said on its Telegram channel on Monday.
Olvia specialized seaport handled 3.91 million tonnes of cargo in 2020, which is 813,180 tonnes or 26.3% more than in 2019.
According to the information on the website of the Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority, in the terms of shipment, the distribution of cargo took place as follows: export amounted to 3.53 million tonnes (more by 23.9% compared to 2019), import to 303,370 tonnes (41.2% more), coastal cargo to 70,210 tonnes, and transit cargo to 2,940 tonnes.
In 12 months of 2020, progress was achieved in the processing of bulk cargo 3.54 million tonnes, which is 34.1% more than in 2019.
“It should be noted that the largest contribution to the cargo handling was made by the Ukrainian agricultural sector, because 1.83 million tonnes of grain cargo was handled, which is 48.5% more than last year,” the association said.
In addition, in 2020, Olvia seaport handled 758,630 tonnes (more by 3%) of construction cargo, other bulk cargo 675,280 tonnes (more by 29.7%), as well as ferrous metals 322,410 tonnes and coal 232,480 tonnes.
The cargo handling of the Olvia seaport operators in 2020 was distributed as follows: EVT Grain LLC 2.22 million tonnes, and the state-owned enterprise Stevedoring Company Olvia 1.69 million tonnes.
In December 2020, in general, 258,490 tonnes of cargo were handled in the seaport water area, of which export cargo amounted to 258,160 tonnes, imported and coastal cargo to 110 tonnes and 230 tonnes, respectively.
The number of ship calls since the beginning of the year amounted to 270, including 16 during December.
Three companies from Qatar and Ukraine have announced that they will participate in a competition for concession of the Olvia stevedoring company, according to a posting on the website of the Infrastructure Ministry. According to the report, two of the three companies are prequalified to participate in the next stage. “As for the third, the tender committee has not yet made a decision, since the application was submitted on the last day,” the ministry said. Tender proposals for participation in the tender were submitted by QTerminals company (Qatar) and associations of Peters Maritime Agency LLC and Protti-Gasoline LLC (both from Mykolaiv).
Infrastructure Minister Vladyslav Krykliy said that $66 million of investments and at least $3 million of government investments over the next 35 years are expected from the implementation of the concession project in the Olvia stevedore, as well as $3 million of annual concession payments.
The next stage, during which the competitive bods of the participants will be evaluated and the winner determined, will be held on January 21, 2020.
As reported, four companies will participate in the Kherson seaport concession tender.